Learn The Truths About Hypnosis
• You are in control at all times while in hypnosis.
• Hypnosis does not involve mind control, unconsciousness or sleep.
• Hypnosis is not relaxation either. In the hypnosis office, your hypnotist will ask you to focus on relaxation. As discussed earlier, a person can be in hypnosis while playing a sport, or a musical instrument, it’s merely a state of focused awareness.
• All of your senses are awake and alert while you are in a hypnotic state. You will be conscious, and be able to hear everything, and remember everything that happens, as much as you’ll remember a conversation.
•Hypnosis is not a FEELING. People may feel a lightness or a heaviness in a good way, or even tingling, but it’s different for every person, so leave it up to your hypnotist to determine the depth of hypnosis.
• Hypnosis is something a person does WITH the hypnotist, and one can not be made to enter a hypnotic state against their will. A hypnotist is like a guide or a coach. It’s something done together.
• Hypnosis is not something DONE TO YOU – you have your part in this. Hypnosis doesn’t do the work for you, it just makes doing the work and making changes a lot easier.